Kiwanis is about:
- Service and Fellowship.
- Serving the Children of the World.
- Building a better community, and a better world.
- Life-long friendships with like-minded individuals with a heart of service.
- Networking and friendships in the community andin over 80 nations worldwide.
- Leadership, learning and sharing.
- Making a Difference in the lives of those we touch.
- Kiwanians achieve together what an individual cannot achieve alone.
- The name “Kiwanis” is derived from a North American Indian phrase, which roughly translated, means, “To Express Oneself”
Who are the Kiwanians?
- Community leaders, Businesspeople, and Professionals.
Young individuals embarking on careers, Successful executives.
Home-makers, and Active retirees.
Engaged in a variety of industries, in commerce, and in public service.
Diversity in strength & network
Individuals who have the desire to build a better community, and enjoy the fun of working with others to achieve it.
- 300,000 Kiwanians in 8,500 clubs and Kiwanis districts in over 80 nations worldwide.
History of Kiwanis
- Founded on 21 January 1915, in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- Established in Malaysia in 1976.